Sunday, May 23, 2010

Pasadena Cross Burning

Ok, so, I started my night off by going to a friend's house and having a beer or two. Decided to go karaoke with my cousins since they knew a spot close to home. They said they were going to Sam's Place on Spencer Hwy @ BW8. So, I tagged along since they always talk about this place. I have to admit, when I walked in, I felt a little sketchy and out of place being 1 out of 3 of the only Hispanic people in the place but I didn't want to feel like an asshole, later when they all ended up being nice and inviting me back, which is exactly what happened. Afterward, Joel and Monica decided they wanted to go eat at an all you can eat country breakfast place called "Skillet" at 6926 Spencer Hwy, Pasadena, TX 77505. I, of course, was down, no questions asked. We walked in and the place reminded me of a Denny's. Good food, packed, coffee scent in the air. So, once we walked in, we stood around for a few minutes... I looked around and noticed everyone was staring but I just figured it was my pink hair so, I didn't give it another thought. The waitresses didn't seem busy but still, none of them made an effort to see if we needed a chair, table or a job. Finally, a Mexican lady comes out of the back and asks us if we need to be seated and takes our drink order. She wasnt wearing a waitress uniform and had a wet apron and a hair net on so I know she wasn't a waitress but she was more than happy to help us so, I didn't see the difference. We get our food and as we eat, I notice another Hispanic woman walking toward the buffet and as she walks past our table she says, "Puro pinche guero aqui." So, of course, I say, "Haaaa!" and when she hears me, she comes back because she knows I understood her. So she tells us, in Spanish, she's there with friends and tells us how she only knows about menudo and pozole and how she grew up in Magnolia, too. So, after a few minutes, a "gringa" walks up, gives me the stink face and grabs her Mexican pet by the arm and walks out the door. I guess she felt threatened that we were gonna try to talk her friend into being free. After that, I hear the manager ask one of the snotty bitch waitresses if she had our check and she looks over to our table and makes a face and says, "I didn't seat them." So he walks over to us, smiles and says, "I'm sorry, your waitress didn't give me your ticket." and I reply, "Oh, well none of your waitresses cared to seat us so the Señora, in the back, seated us." So he apologized and gave us the tab and THEN I hear one of the females from the table next to us say, "Come on, tortilla, let's go. Do you like tortillas or what? Why do you keep looking?" I looked up and saw Joel's face turn Devil red. He started talking loud and saying, "What are you looking at, Hee Haw?" But when I looked over, there were about 30 overall wearing, pitch fork holding, cornbread eatin' Bubbas waiting to nail us to a stick and hang us in their corn field. So, I told Joel, "Just pay the check and let's go cause with our luck, they're Boss Hog's next door neighbors and we'll be in jail without a phone call, forever. So, Joel paid the check and I found the Señora and handed her the tip. I couldn't even see straight from how angry I was. All of this talk about equality and everyone living in harmony is bullshit. I think I'm happy on my side of the street and they can keep their white hooded, cross burning, Hee Haw side of the street to themselves. Why they don't go back to Europe is beyond me.... fucking foreigners!!!

2 comments:

  1. Damn, that's crazy. That's my area but I've never experienced that..WOW! I probably would have tried to have gotten the food for free LOL

    Martha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl thats why I don't even try going to (stinkydena) everytime I go over there I get pulled over so I didn't even go to the strawberry festival!! I love my freedom more lol

    ReplyDelete